Thursday, March 20, 2008

Holly Hox tagged me!

Ok, so I asked her to do it...but I couldn't help it! She looked like she was having so much fun going over all that stuff and I just have SO MUCH I WANT TO SAY!!! So, without any further delay...

1. What I was doing 10 years ago...
So 10 years ago was eh....1998. Thats right! How could I forget?! In '98 I decided that I couldn't live another day away from Monterey, California, so we moved back to the Presidio for round two...Spanish Basic. It was SO nice! The instructors were TOTALLY different from the Russian Gulag of '93 and actually ENCOURAGED us to go out and have fun! So, we did. We made routine trips to the Farmer's Market, Cannery Row, Lover's Point, Carmel, and the Santa Cruz Board Walk. Gnarly. Of course, all good things come to an end and I rounded out the year with a 4 month TDY to West Texas (barf) and then...la pièce de résistance ...two months of SERE school to get my butt utterly kicked. I'm SO glad that's 10 years behind me!

2. 5 things on my to do list today...
1-smooch my wife.
2-get caught up on paperwork.
3-take a nap at work.
4-avoid getting caught taking a nap at work (I love the George Costanza desk
bed!)
5-did I mention smooching yet? oh yeah, smooch my wife!


3. Snacks I enjoy
Where is the ALL key on my computer? Basically, if its a snack, I like it. And of course, that excludes all "snacks" that contain tofu, soy, or grow from a tree, vine or bush...those aren't really snacks, they're horrible snack imposters! By definition, a snack must contain: chocolate, sugar, chocolate, and some type of creamy choco-latty center.

4. What I would do if I became a millionaire?
I would never travel more than 100 paces away from a sandy/ocean environment. Some totally lost place in the Keys maybe? And I would read a mountain of books! I would never talk on the phone again and I would spend at least 50% of my time underwater. You can never dive too much.

5. 3 bad habits
1-I eat snacks
2-I am WAY too creative about coming up with reasons to not go
to the gym.
3-I'm a terrible procrastinator!

6. Places I have lived. Let's just name states or it will take too long, and deployments don't count.

* Idaho
* Washington
* Indiana
* France
* Utah
* New Mexico
* California
* Arizona
* Texas
* Virginia
* Florida

7. Jobs I have had:
Fast food jockey (A&W!), life guard, horse wrangler, kayak instructor, CNA (crappy job....literally), I worked in a women's retail clothing store called "The Closet", of all the names! (and don't ask, because I won't tell!), spud sorter, Army dude, Air Force dude, and FBI dude.

8. 5 things people don't know about me.
1-I'm short. I think a few people suspect it, but they don't really know for sure!
2-I love roller coasters. In fact anything that goes EXTREMELY fast I like.
3-I can't play basketball (see numero uno.)
4-I went to school to be an engineer, but I can't do math. Actually, its much worse than that. I can't count...at all. Numbers just simply elude me somehow. Oh well, c'est la vie.
5-Spiders scare the ever livin' crap-O-la outta me. Not just the creeps mind you, but total and complete paralysis. I'd rather be shot at than have to deal with an arachnid.

So now I'm tagging Corby & Matt Ham! Thats right fellas...answer up!

6 comments:

BossyMommy said...

Dave, Dave, Dave...where oh WHERE do I begin? Hmmm...I have to say that I can TOTALLY picture you doing the Costanza bed thing. What else...I think it's funny that you can't count worth a crap, but you can speak french (c'est la vie?). I was a spud sorter, too! Mid-July, AZ desert, 115 in the shade, watching taters go by and pulling all the weeds and rocks and rodents and snakes off the belt so ungrateful shoppers could buy bags of CLEAN, eyeball-free potatoes! What a hard job, seriously!! As for your Closet job, I can't even go near that one. It's like you wrapped it up and handed it to me. Just plain toooooo easy. And now that I know how you feel about talking on the phone, I'm going to call you every single day for the next month. We can talk about clothes and make-up and exchange labor and delivery horror stories and stuff. Oooh, I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

True story. . .Dave and I were visiting his Aunt and Uncle when his cousin came in with a friend. The friend gets all excited and she says, "Oh my gosh, the "Closet guy" is at your house! He's so cute!" Dave was something of a celebrity in the Idaho Falls Mall. He had cute little co-eds coming in and giving him free slurpys in exchange for his phone number. He was quite the financial boon for the store.

Anonymous said...

Some stories get better with time. The truth was, I paid her to say that so YOU would think I was cute Hol! :o)

As Paul Harvey would say, "And now you know the rest of the story!"

BossyMommy said...

Do you two need to be alone? Sheesh, remind me not to post to the blog on your date night anymore!

The Baby Catcher said...

Hope you don't mind a stalker. Or maybe I"m not really a stalker if you are linked on my blog. Anyway I love that you guys blog together. I think I will encourage Paul to do this blog thing with me. I loved both your answers! Thanx for the smile. °Ü°

The Bodily Family said...

Comment away Baby Catcher!