Friday, June 6, 2008

Helping

So Emma had a friend spend the night and they decided to give me a helping hand. First they sent the boys to shower. Next they helped them get their pj's on and sent them to brush their teeth. The boys were thinking this was great because the girls were actually paying attention to them. All I had to do was kiss them goodnight and turn out the light. VERY NICE!!

The next morning the girls decided to continue helping by getting the boys fed and ready for summer school. Well. . . .they made scrambled eggs, french toast, juice, cereal, peanut butter toast and a HUGE mess. Emma sprayed Pam on my nice Calphalon pans which has pretty much ruined them, I spent over an hour cleaning up, and I had to throw away a ton of food.

It was all worth it though. The fact that they took that kind of initiative on a non-Mother's Day day was wonderful.


Emma attempting french toast

The girls putting the boys on the bus

The storm after the calm

Ren just doing his own thing, I think Jack took this picture

2 comments:

Tam said...

Dont you love it when they are 'helping' but in reality it is just a ton more work for you? Nice that you've got the two boys in summer school. Even better that the bus comes to pick them up. Tae is in but only for 2 hrs and we have to take them. Pain! Hey, will you email me your address (or just house #). I've had Rennes check sitting ready to send but i dont have your house #.

BossyMommy said...

Awww, your girls are so cute. I can only hope mine will become semi-domestic despite my best efforts to the contrary. And have I been banned from your blog roll? I thought I was on it once upon a time. How do I get back on? How, I ask you! HOW??? Is it money? Do I need to pay? Be nicer? (can't make any promises there). Tell me what I have to do!!!!! Oh, maybe I forgot to tell you the link changed--http://bossymommy.blogspot.com. Oops.