Monday, October 27, 2008

Handyman

I have to take a moment to rave about my handyman. I love that Dave is not afraid to take things apart and try to fix them. In the last couple weeks our brakes on the van needed to be replaced, our computer power source and dvd player were fried, and yesterday our dryer started making a horrible screeching sound. So Dave saved us a ton of money by replacing the brakes, buying and installing the new power source and dvd player for the computer, and last night he took the dryer apart and discovered a pencil had worked its way into the back by the fan. I am not saying fixing everything himself has always gone right (timing belt gone wrong) but he's not afraid to try. Instead of paying $100 to have someone come out and tell me I had a pencil in my dryer I just had to give him a pat on the back and a kiss of appreciation. I love you babe!

3 comments:

Tam said...

Very impressive Dave! Tony took our kids little riding tractor apart and never could figure it out. We ended up leaving it on the curb for some poor citizen to take and later find out most of the parts were missing!

The Braun Family said...

Aren't handy husbands great? Sounds like your appliances are ganging up on you too. Thank goodness for "can do" attitudes that save us bundles! Way to go, Dave!

The Baby Catcher said...

They just don't raise handyman like they used to! As my girls date and find their mates I'm learning that the handyman is a dying art! °Ü°