Monday, October 20, 2008

Rocky Point, Mexico

Our trip started out with a trip to the local aquarium. Can you say Ghetto? It was a bunch of fish tanks with various ocean life with the names written on them with marker. It smelled horrible. We did get to feed a sea lion and some sea turtles though so the kids enjoyed it.







Ren had fun with Dave on the Jet Ski. He got to do the driving and did very well in a vast and deserted ocean. We'll see how he handles the road in a few months.







The beach and the tide pools were a big hit with the kids. The shell population saw a dramatic drop when my kids were done. The water was beautiful and warm.Savannah got a taste of the culture. Here she is with a girl the same age as her that can't afford to go to school so she spends her days walking the beach selling her mothers art. We are blessed to be in the United States.

3 comments:

a-anderson said...

I love seeing the pictures from your trip. I am glad that Jordan in okay. Things like that are so scary.

prRiggs said...

Driving in a few months? Holy cow, are you ready for that???

The Bodily Family said...

I could use some help with all the driving but I'm not sure how ready Ren is. I was learning to drive around 12. My dad would take me on back roads and let me practice. Ren hasn't had that.