Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Little Boy Obsessions

So me and a friend took our kids swimming a few weeks ago and the boys all went in the bathroom to change. They come back out and inform me that Jack is running around the locker room naked. I tell Jack that it's called "private parts" for a reason, he needs to keep them private. He replies, "They're called nuts."

I was a little shocked and amused by this comment and I didn't know whether to wash his mouth out with soap or laugh. He being the mischevious boy that he is saw the laughter in my eyes and so I've had to hear about "nuts" in my house a little too much the last few weeks. I think I have that under control now. (Yeah right)

Last night we were getting ready for a well thought out and planned dinner (hot dogs) and Emma was asking everyone how many hot dogs they wanted. You know where this is going right?! Jackson responds, "I was born with a hot dog!" This time Dave was sitting with me and we both tried hard not to laugh. Dave was able to compose himself after a few moments and tell Jack to knock it off but seriously we never had this problem with the other boys. Yes, Jordan was known to take a girl or two behind the curtains at church and Ren had a run in with Gwyn in the bedroom but at least I didn't have to hear about it. What is with BOYS??!!

5 comments:

a-anderson said...

He is so funny! You know I will be in the same boat just give Cole and Crew a few more years!

The Mazz Fam said...

Ok, that is way to funny!!!!

Tam said...

Okay, that has officially made my day! Thanks so much for posting it. I find it hard to believe that Dave was able to be better composed than you! Did I ever tell you the time when we had Jackson over and he and Tae were talking about the bell on her bike. She called it her Dingy thing. Jack immediately replied that his Ding a ling was broke. ha ha ha!

Andrea said...

That is hilarious! I think I would have had a hard time not laughing too. I don't know what the deal is with boys. I have two of them and they are so nuts sometimes. oops! I mean crazy!

The Braun Family said...

Aren't boys fun! Never a dull moment :) (He gets the running around naked from his Uncle Michael)