July was an important month and I didn't blog it. I can't live with myself if I don't make mention of the fact that Ren turned 16 this year. He is such an amazing kid! He is always willing to help others and he has such a happy attitude about everything. He hasn't had an easy 16 years but he always faces his challenges with a smile. He got a car for his birthday. It's nothing fancy but he is so proud of that car. He also became a Priest at church. He takes his responsibilities seriously and I of course cried the first time he blessed the sacrament. He's growing up too fast and it's a bit scary. I went to the temple with Dave last month and I could barely contain the anxiety when 2 boys were going through for the first time before their missions. They didn't look much older than Ren and the whole time I was in panic mode thinking of all the things I still needed to teach him. I know you've all heard it before but they grow up too fast. Enjoy them while you can. Emma also had a birthday in July. It wasn't a big production this year because it was an odd year. We have moved big birthday parties to even years. She is 11 now and in middle school. She had an adventure filled summer with her first cast. She was running in sandals and fell in a little hole. She fractured her ankle and had wear a cast for 6 weeks. She thought it was great for the first couple days! She also had to have an ingrown toenail taken care of. I had to be there when they cut it out. Not pleasant. She handled it like a trooper though. She's had fun this year but she is so looking forward to 12. According to Emma nothing fun happens until your 12. Wait until she sees what Savannah gets to do when she turns 14 this year.
Finally, there was Jackson's birthday. Our baby turned 7 and he shared a party with Emma this year. They were both born on July 30th so we combined the festivities. 7 is the year that everyone focuses on preparing for baptism. Everyone that is but Jack. I think he is trying to fit every naughty deed in before he's held accountable. I'm thinking Dave might need to dunk him a couple times to get him really clean! He is my joy and challenge all rolled up into one. I should have known when we gave him the name David that we were in for trouble.
I love these kids! I don't want them to look back and think they were forgotten. I promise I'll TRY to do better this year.
Carina's Swing Dance at Eagle Middle School
10 years ago
1 comment:
I love that you are posting July in March! At least you are getting it done! I cant believe how big they are getting!
Post a Comment